- U of S VIDO-InterVac Joins National Launch of Canada’s new $100 bank note
The University of Saskatchewan’s VIDO-InterVac was selected as the Prairie site for the simultaneous national event taking place at five research facilities across Canada to mark the issuance of the bill—Canada’s first polymer bank note.
- Battling chronic wasting disease in Elk and Deer
Chronic wasting disease (CWD) has been responsible for the severe decline of Saskatchewan’s game farm industry. Millions have been spent on programs to screen herds and compensate farmers.
- U of S health scientist elected to prestigious national scholarly society
Andrew Potter, director and CEO of the U of S's VIDO-InterVac has been elected a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Science (CAHS), joining a distinguished group of health and biomedical science leaders.
- U of S International Vaccine Centre Celebrates Grand Opening
Canada's capacity to prevent and fight infectious diseases got a major boost today with the grand opening of the $140-million International Vaccine Centre (InterVac) at the University of Saskatchewan.
- VIDO-InterVac Board Chair wins prestigious award
Dr. Luis Barreto, Board Chair for VIDO-InterVac, received the Bioscience Education Canada Meritorious Service award at the 2011 Sanofi-Aventis BioTalent Challenge Awards Ceremony at the National Research Council in Ottawa.
- BIOTECanada Insights Feature: InterVac
VIDO-InterVac: building global capacity to prevent infectious diseases