- Local outbreak of whooping cough has Sask. health officials calling on parents to make sure kids vaccinations are up to date
A cluster of whooping cough cases among children in communities surrounding Saskatoon since October has led provincial health officials to issue warnings.
- How a new vaccine could save cattle herds – and livelihoods
For 10,000 years, the bacterium Mycoplasma mycoides has infected goats, cows and other livestock, annihilating entire herds in days.
- Young Innovators: Innovative research finds influenza detection system in body
Researchers have found a unique “sensor” mechanism inside cells that enables the immune system to recognize influenza, a finding that may lead to improved vaccines in the future.
- Young Innovators: U of S research team aims to develop salmonella vaccine
Researchers have been working on a novel salmonella vaccine that holds promise for preventing this food-borne infection. The vaccine, being developed at the university’s VIDO-InterVac, has shown positive preliminary results in animal models.
- Early research promising for new sheep respiratory vaccine
Research into the development of a new vaccine to help fight respiratory problems in lambs is showing encouraging early results.
- Federal investment helps bring vaccine manufacturing facility to Saskatoon
A vaccine manufacturing plant is set to take up residence at the VIDO-InterVac on the U of S campus.
- U of S gets major federal boost for isotope and vaccine production, water research
$3.6M investment towards the establishment of a vaccine manufacturing facility.
- International Partnership Results in New Vaccine for Cattle in Africa
A vaccine against contagious bovine pleuropneumonia has been licensed for commercial production by the Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute.
- 'A few infected people can really impact what goes on locally'
Saskatoon scientist thrilled to be developing Middle East Respiratory Syndrome vaccine for use on camels.
- Saskatoon researcher Dr. Andrew Potter honoured with lifetime achievement award
Renowned worldwide, Dr. Potter has received an award for a career’s worth of cutting-edge discoveries.