Dr. Suresh Tikoo received his DVM and MVSc from G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in India, and completed his PhD in Veterinary Microbiology at the University of Saskatchewan. He joined VIDO-InterVac in 1993. Currently, he is a Professor and Director of the Vaccinology & Immunothepapeutics Program at the School of Public Health at the University of Saskatchewan. He is also an Associate Member at the Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, and Research Fellow at VIDO-InterVac. Dr. Tikoo’s areas of expertise includes viral pathogenesis, protein–protein interactions, herpes virus biology, adenovirus biology, non-human adenovirus based vaccine delivery vectors, mucosal immunizations and dendritic cell targeted vectored vaccines. Dr. Tikoo has mentored over 45 PDFs, graduate students and visiting scientists. He has been awarded over 35 patents and has published over 140 peer reviewed publications, review articles and book chapters.
- Adenovirus biology including molecular characterization and viral-host interactions
- Development of non-human adenoviruses as vaccine vectors
- Adenovirus vectored delivery of biotherapeutic agent
- Adenovirus vectors for vaccine delivery
- African Swine Fever vaccine development
- Bovine adenovirus